...selling some new cheap-ass car phone holder/adapter thing? Didn't he die of cocaine?
Of course, now whenever you see one of his ads you have to just look on in fascination at the manic personality. It all makes sense now. Nobody could be that excited about a Shamwow or whatever it was he was selling.
But still, isn't there some sort of protocol about taking dead people's commercials off the air.
Then again, I'm pretty sure there's a new commercial for Walgreen's running that features Nancy Marchand, the actress who played Tony Soprano's mother, who died in real life about 8 years ago. It looks like they are dubbing in her voice though.
I guess the family or the estate okays these things for the residuals, but it does seem sort of tacky.
- ► 2010 (31)
- A business suggestion that can make someone a smal...
- This is why I love New York
- Patsy Cline's last TV appearance
- Elvis Costello's first TV appearance
- Why is Billy Mays still on my TV...
- Springy side or flat
- Guitar Hero for Beethoven?
- Virgin America, good airline, bad writer
- Do I have to run every company in the world?
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)