Oy. I signed up to play a contest that Virgin America is holding later this month. It's a series of questions that you can answer using various Google apps (Maps, Calender, Picasa, Google search itself, etc.), and the prize packages include a netbook, 1TB Google Account storage, and - best of all - 12 one-way tickets on Virgin and complimentary WiFi passes.
They sent out a test run today, so I hopped on figuring it would be one of those silly company "quizzes" - you know: Who is Richard Branson, or What does the G in gmail stand for.
Um, no, they are quite difficult. One was: "This 5-letter word can mean a sequence of steps that demonstrate a valid conclusion or an action required for making bread. It’s also the name of an award winning play, which was then turned into a movie. What’s this word?"
Or: "What do the NASA Advanced Crew Escape Suits, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Tokyo Tower have in common? Your answer is the 7-character code that a webmaster would use to represent this commonality."
A timer is ticking down as you answer, just to up the panic level, and if there is a tie at the end of the day, there's a "creative" question that has to be answered.
It's like the freaken SAT's.
Damn you Virgin (or Google, I'm not sure whose behind this deviousness.)
- ► 2010 (31)
- Congrats, Minnesota
- $284 later...
- More Republican hijinks
- Does she use Linked In?
- GE sucks, they bring bad things to life...
- This is the real tragedy
- I feel so inadequate
- Here's all you need to know about Mark Sanford
- And we get to play that video again...
- Has he tried a GPS?
- Buffy kicks ass...on Twilight guy
- Digital still doesn't quite compare
- There's a new contendah
- Who are these brainiacs who read Too Saucy?
- Jumping the gun
- That's unfortunate
- For old times sake
- The seltzer water cartel
- I love not having to drive, but....
- Ha ha
- No Xmas tip for him!
- GOP hypocrisy? How can it be?
- It's Florida 2000 all over again!
- Google killer?
- Why does this woman still have a column?
- The cable nets better be all over this story next ...
- Now if we can only get rid of the Sham-Wow guy
- They call her "Angel Face"
- Uh oh
- Speaking of Twitter...
- 10 grand a month to Twitter about wine?
- It's just so hard to believe they are called the s...
- Can Lindsay or Britney do something wacky again so...
- "The last 2 pages are recipes, a lot of people don...
- Clothes call
- The Crappening
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)