I thought my credit card was missing, frantically searched all over for it, even calling the restaurant I had been at the night before to see if I had left it there.
No, of course not. So I called Citibank to report the loss. The rep immediately canceled the card, even read back what my last charge was to see if it was one I recognized, Yes, it was mine - well at least no-one had used it.
She said she'd send a new card and account number within 3 business days. Fine.
I hung up and LITERALLY within 10 minutes - oh yes - found the card, stuck in the pocket of a pair of shorts I had on while doing laundry the day before. I had thrown it in the pocket in case I needed to add money to my laundry card and forgot about it.
Of course, I called back but they cannot un-cancel the card. Pain in the ass, topped off by the fact that I have several recurring charges on this card every month; TV, cell phone, etc - it saves paying those bills individually and I get reward points. But now the joy of having to reapply for the recurring feature with a new card number for all of them. Sigh.
Sometimes I'm too conscientious for my own good.
- ► 2010 (31)
- Congrats, Minnesota
- $284 later...
- More Republican hijinks
- Does she use Linked In?
- GE sucks, they bring bad things to life...
- This is the real tragedy
- I feel so inadequate
- Here's all you need to know about Mark Sanford
- And we get to play that video again...
- Has he tried a GPS?
- Buffy kicks ass...on Twilight guy
- Digital still doesn't quite compare
- There's a new contendah
- Who are these brainiacs who read Too Saucy?
- Jumping the gun
- That's unfortunate
- For old times sake
- The seltzer water cartel
- I love not having to drive, but....
- Ha ha
- No Xmas tip for him!
- GOP hypocrisy? How can it be?
- It's Florida 2000 all over again!
- Google killer?
- Why does this woman still have a column?
- The cable nets better be all over this story next ...
- Now if we can only get rid of the Sham-Wow guy
- They call her "Angel Face"
- Uh oh
- Speaking of Twitter...
- 10 grand a month to Twitter about wine?
- It's just so hard to believe they are called the s...
- Can Lindsay or Britney do something wacky again so...
- "The last 2 pages are recipes, a lot of people don...
- Clothes call
- The Crappening
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)