Mark Sanford, the Governor of South Carolina, went missing over the weekend, just dropped out of sight for five days, no security detail with him, his wife didn't know where he was. "He was writing something and wanted some space to get away from the kids,” she told the A.P. on Monday.
(Nice for the kids to hear, by the way, that their father didn't want to be near them on, um, Father's Day.)
Anyway, when the press started asking where he was, his staff said he was tired after a long legislative session, and was "hiking the Appalachian trail."
Ooops, well now it turns out, apparently he was in Argentina on a personal trip, driving along the coastline there.
That's a hell of a discrepancy. And from what I understand, the coastline of Argentina is not that accessible.
Hmm, something fishy going on here, wouldn't you say?
Oh, and do I even need to note, this guy's a Republican, of course - the party of weird, freaky fetishes. I'm pretty sure you can find a few down Argentine way. (It's also the party of hypocritical family values right-wingers who screw around. Paging: Larry Craig, Newt Gingrich, David Vitter, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Foley, John Ensign, etc., etc. - there's not enough room on the Internet to list them all).
Sanford better hope that what happens in Buenos Aires, stays in Buenos Aires.
- ► 2010 (31)
- Congrats, Minnesota
- $284 later...
- More Republican hijinks
- Does she use Linked In?
- GE sucks, they bring bad things to life...
- This is the real tragedy
- I feel so inadequate
- Here's all you need to know about Mark Sanford
- And we get to play that video again...
- Has he tried a GPS?
- Buffy kicks ass...on Twilight guy
- Digital still doesn't quite compare
- There's a new contendah
- Who are these brainiacs who read Too Saucy?
- Jumping the gun
- That's unfortunate
- For old times sake
- The seltzer water cartel
- I love not having to drive, but....
- Ha ha
- No Xmas tip for him!
- GOP hypocrisy? How can it be?
- It's Florida 2000 all over again!
- Google killer?
- Why does this woman still have a column?
- The cable nets better be all over this story next ...
- Now if we can only get rid of the Sham-Wow guy
- They call her "Angel Face"
- Uh oh
- Speaking of Twitter...
- 10 grand a month to Twitter about wine?
- It's just so hard to believe they are called the s...
- Can Lindsay or Britney do something wacky again so...
- "The last 2 pages are recipes, a lot of people don...
- Clothes call
- The Crappening
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)