Friday, June 26, 2009
GE sucks, they bring bad things to life...
This is how the U.S. ends, not with a bang, but with GE becoming just another piss ass company.
General Electric used to be - seriously - the mark of an amazing product.
The company was founded by Edison, for crissakes.
Dishwashers, jet engines, TV sets, can openers - not to mention products I don't even want to know about - but most of all, damn, their refrigerators were really, really good.
Not everyone buys a SubZero or a Viking. But GE fridges were a pretty nice product level.
I moved into my apartment a decade ago. And there was a GE fridge in the kitchen that probably was there since the building opened in the 80s. And it worked really good.
A year or so ago, doing an "upgrade," I got new stainless steel appliances - micro, dishwasher, stove and, of course, refrigerator. All GE brand.
Well, this week, the fucking GE refrigerator basically went kaput. The freezer part is going fine, everything in there seems to be solid - but the refrigerator part, eh, no.
I first realized it when I got stuck with a sour carton of milk a few days ago. Initially, I was ready to blame the milk people, then I realized the bottles of soda and beer weren't quite as cold as they usually were.
So I cranked it up to 9 - the highest level on the temp control - what no 11? - but still everything just didn't seem right.
Well, now, I'm fucked - stuck with a stainless steel paper weight. Because, of course, the warranty has ended after one year.
Oh, thank you GE. Thank you fucking Home Depot (where I bought this piece of crap).
If you ever wondered why America is no longer the economic powerhouse of the world, here's a hint: Blame GE. Blame Home Depot.
They sell shoddy pieces of disposable crap.
Posted by J at 1:28 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- Congrats, Minnesota
- $284 later...
- More Republican hijinks
- Does she use Linked In?
- GE sucks, they bring bad things to life...
- This is the real tragedy
- I feel so inadequate
- Here's all you need to know about Mark Sanford
- And we get to play that video again...
- Has he tried a GPS?
- Buffy kicks ass...on Twilight guy
- Digital still doesn't quite compare
- There's a new contendah
- Who are these brainiacs who read Too Saucy?
- Jumping the gun
- That's unfortunate
- For old times sake
- The seltzer water cartel
- I love not having to drive, but....
- Ha ha
- No Xmas tip for him!
- GOP hypocrisy? How can it be?
- It's Florida 2000 all over again!
- Google killer?
- Why does this woman still have a column?
- The cable nets better be all over this story next ...
- Now if we can only get rid of the Sham-Wow guy
- They call her "Angel Face"
- Uh oh
- Speaking of Twitter...
- 10 grand a month to Twitter about wine?
- It's just so hard to believe they are called the s...
- Can Lindsay or Britney do something wacky again so...
- "The last 2 pages are recipes, a lot of people don...
- Clothes call
- The Crappening
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)