I had to go into midtown today and I decided to dress like a grown-up, so I wore my beautiful new Jos. A. Bank blazer (400 bucks, got for $165 - ka-ching).
So I leave my building, it's an amazing spring day in the city, I'm contemplating walking the whole way - and then I look down to adjust my sleeves, you know, pulling the shirt sleeves out from the jacket, and I realize that I had forgotten to take the damn labels off the blazer.
Not the paper label with the price, but those damn cloth labels that are welded onto the jacket itself.
But now I'm running late and thinking, do I even have time to go back upstairs, find the scissors and cut these things off. Because you can't just pull them off, they are attached by some sort of titanium thread. If you try to pull them off, you invariably leave thread dangling or even create a hole on the blazer.
Luckily, my little Chinese laundry is on my block, so I stopped in there, they took them off in about 3 seconds, no charge.
But, seriously, why do they put those labels on the clothes?
And don't even get me started about how they sew the damn pockets closed. I've still got to take care of that!
Monday, June 01, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- Congrats, Minnesota
- $284 later...
- More Republican hijinks
- Does she use Linked In?
- GE sucks, they bring bad things to life...
- This is the real tragedy
- I feel so inadequate
- Here's all you need to know about Mark Sanford
- And we get to play that video again...
- Has he tried a GPS?
- Buffy kicks ass...on Twilight guy
- Digital still doesn't quite compare
- There's a new contendah
- Who are these brainiacs who read Too Saucy?
- Jumping the gun
- That's unfortunate
- For old times sake
- The seltzer water cartel
- I love not having to drive, but....
- Ha ha
- No Xmas tip for him!
- GOP hypocrisy? How can it be?
- It's Florida 2000 all over again!
- Google killer?
- Why does this woman still have a column?
- The cable nets better be all over this story next ...
- Now if we can only get rid of the Sham-Wow guy
- They call her "Angel Face"
- Uh oh
- Speaking of Twitter...
- 10 grand a month to Twitter about wine?
- It's just so hard to believe they are called the s...
- Can Lindsay or Britney do something wacky again so...
- "The last 2 pages are recipes, a lot of people don...
- Clothes call
- The Crappening
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
Haha those labels are crazy, I'm not sure what their point is either. To prevent counterfeiting maybe?
Post a Comment