SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- An office worker cleaning a fridge full of rotten food created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-workers to the hospital and made many others ill. Firefighters had to evacuate the AT&T building in downtown San Jose on Tuesday, after the flagrant fumes prompted someone to call 911. A hazmat team was called in.
What they found was an unplugged refrigerator that had been crammed with moldy food.
Authorities said an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, placing the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess. The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea.
Authorities said the worker who cleaned the fridge didn't need treatment - she can't smell because of allergies.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
The horror that is the office fridge
Posted by J at 8:11 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- They love life, don't you know
- And start the backlash in 3...2...1
- How did I miss Porn Day?
- Baked & good
- The Onion gets closer and closer to reality every day
- What the hell was ABC thinking?
- Don't tell anyone in Connecticut....
- WTF is Tiffanny these days?
- It was another time
- The world has gone mad
- The horror that is the office fridge
- It's not always the price
- More nonsense from the right-wingers
- Much more fun that that annoying Verizon guy
- They're still talking about this?
- This is why the religious nuts will never win
- Leave the gun, take the cannolis
- Airhead, silicone boobs
- "Sour grapes, I lost my heart"
- Thanks, Sumner Redstone
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)