Ok, we have already seen that Kate (of Jon & Kate Plus 8) is a domineering biotch, and actually has "people" who help her be rude to fans.
Today we learn about the astounding dollars they are pocketing.
Jon & Kate get $75,000 per episode for their show (the network just picked up 40 more episodes), $25,000 for personal appearances, and $8 million from a new book deal.
And, oh yeah, Kate's own sister charges that the family is exploiting the kids. Well, yeah.
US Weekly helpfully compiled a list of some of the freebies the family has also received:
- Free beds
- Front-loader washing machines
- New furniture
- Free solar panels for "Going Green" episode
- Clothes from Gymboree and Gap
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids): $710
- Trip to Florida Key's for Jon's 30th birthday
-Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park: $309.50
-1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm: $1,395.00
-Tickets to Philadelphia Zoo: $104.00
-Tickets to Walt Disney World: $654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate: $5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home : $5,550-$6,350
- Violin: $100-$300
- Old house re-carperted
-Crayola Factory Tour: $90.00
-Teeth Whitening (for Jon & Kate): $1,310 (average price for 2 adults)
-Hair plugs (Jon): $5,200 (average cost)
-Sesame Street Place tickets: $509.50
-Day with Thomas the Tank Engine: $180.00
-Beach trip to North Carolina, house rental, Jeep tour
-Sight & Sound Christian theatre tickets: $236.00
-SkyBox at Phillies game
-LegoLand tickets: $550.00
-San Diego Zoo tickets: $278.00
-Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night.
-2 purebred German Shepherd puppies: $1,000-$3,000 per dog
- Please Touch Museum tickets: $150.00
- Giants grocery store: $5,000 in gift cards and a year's supply of diapers
- ► 2010 (31)
- They love life, don't you know
- And start the backlash in 3...2...1
- How did I miss Porn Day?
- Baked & good
- The Onion gets closer and closer to reality every day
- What the hell was ABC thinking?
- Don't tell anyone in Connecticut....
- WTF is Tiffanny these days?
- It was another time
- The world has gone mad
- The horror that is the office fridge
- It's not always the price
- More nonsense from the right-wingers
- Much more fun that that annoying Verizon guy
- They're still talking about this?
- This is why the religious nuts will never win
- Leave the gun, take the cannolis
- Airhead, silicone boobs
- "Sour grapes, I lost my heart"
- Thanks, Sumner Redstone
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)