Who is the evil bastard who came up with this latest trend on web sites to have an ad just come on and fill up the top third of the screen and you either have to wait for it to go away by itself or try to find the little x to click it off. I used to think pop-up ads were annoying, but they can be blocked pretty easily with software, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make these damn motion ads stop.
Do advertisers actually think we're going to be pre-disposed to their product after it just pissed us off.
Also, some sites have those drop down menus (Slate is one of the worst offenders) and if you just accidentally put your mouse over one of the tabs at the top, not clicking it or anything, just having the mouse anywhere in the vicinity, a menu drops down and covers most of the screen.
Why they go out of their way to try to annoy us?
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- A Supreme Court suggestion
- I take my travel advice from Joe Biden
- Jersey housewives
- Dirty girls
- Another one bites the dust
- They've got the headline thing down to a science
- You know what grinds my gears
- Speaking of swine
- Tom Green doesn't Google himself
- Too Saucy gets results
- Lifetime for Men
- Breakups are hell
- And they just awarded the Pulitzers yesterday!
- Preferably Stella
- Hey "Virgin America" - go eff yourself
- The whole Mars-Venus thing in a nutshell
- Why not
- Where's Captain Bunnypants?
- Procrastination 101
- Is this succinct enough?
- And the roller coaster starts again
- Strange news item of the day (I guess)
- Stay classy, Fox
- This is pretty cool
- Chatty and pee-ey
- Stunning news
- It's election time again?
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
Post a Comment