Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The whole Mars-Venus thing in a nutshell
I did happy hour Tuesday with my friend Jan Brady and, over an amusing little apple martini or two, she, once again, shocked me - this time asking what the big deal was about Blu-Ray and why is it even any better than a standard DVD.
But, even worse, proudly proclaimed she would rather watch the standard def version of a channel instead of the hi-def because the HD "is too sharp and hurts my eyes."
Ok, first I will allow every male in the universe to shudder.
And apparently this is a wide-spread problem. I like to read those online boards about HD programming, and it is stunning how many guys will post aggravated messages noting they come home and their gal is watching ch. 4 instead of ch. 704 on the $2,500 big screen HD set.
They just don't seem to care about HD.
And you can forget about the 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound system being turned on.
Posted by J at 12:07 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- A Supreme Court suggestion
- I take my travel advice from Joe Biden
- Jersey housewives
- Dirty girls
- Another one bites the dust
- They've got the headline thing down to a science
- You know what grinds my gears
- Speaking of swine
- Tom Green doesn't Google himself
- Too Saucy gets results
- Lifetime for Men
- Breakups are hell
- And they just awarded the Pulitzers yesterday!
- Preferably Stella
- Hey "Virgin America" - go eff yourself
- The whole Mars-Venus thing in a nutshell
- Why not
- Where's Captain Bunnypants?
- Procrastination 101
- Is this succinct enough?
- And the roller coaster starts again
- Strange news item of the day (I guess)
- Stay classy, Fox
- This is pretty cool
- Chatty and pee-ey
- Stunning news
- It's election time again?
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)