Ok, disregard my rant about Virgin America.
I got a very nice call today from a fellow there who helps run the call center. He read the post, went and pulled the tape of my unhappy interaction with one of their agents, and called me to apologize and say the way the agent handled it was not up their standards (and, just going by how nice the flight was, I totally believe that).
In fact, he said they may even use that call (with names bleeped out, of course) when training new operators as an example of what not to do.
And contrary to the "anonymous" commenter on that original post who theorized I was rude to the agent, he noted I was not, and said when they played it back to her she said, "I can't believe I acted like that."
Hey, we all have bad days at work, she may have got 5 nasty calls in a row before I got on, but mine was certainly not one of them.
Anyway, I just thought it was very decent of Virgin to actually take the time and respond to an unhappy customer.
It's a fairly new airline (I'm not quite sure what the connection is, but they are not actually the same Virgin Atlantic airline that has been around a while and people are probably more familiar with) and they definitely have the flying thing down right, so I'm glad to see they've got the customer response thing going too.
Cheers, Virgin America - you're officially back to being my Las Vegas airline (sorry Continental, you snooze, you lose and Virgin easily beats you for quality of flights).
- ► 2010 (31)
- A Supreme Court suggestion
- I take my travel advice from Joe Biden
- Jersey housewives
- Dirty girls
- Another one bites the dust
- They've got the headline thing down to a science
- You know what grinds my gears
- Speaking of swine
- Tom Green doesn't Google himself
- Too Saucy gets results
- Lifetime for Men
- Breakups are hell
- And they just awarded the Pulitzers yesterday!
- Preferably Stella
- Hey "Virgin America" - go eff yourself
- The whole Mars-Venus thing in a nutshell
- Why not
- Where's Captain Bunnypants?
- Procrastination 101
- Is this succinct enough?
- And the roller coaster starts again
- Strange news item of the day (I guess)
- Stay classy, Fox
- This is pretty cool
- Chatty and pee-ey
- Stunning news
- It's election time again?
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)