Monday, February 02, 2009
"IOC accepts Phelps' apology for marijuana photo"
Oh, for chrissakes, what are we infants? Why does he have to abjectly grovel and apologize? He took some pot. Not during the Olympics, not in the middle of the Olympic Village. At a party in his private life. So what?
Give me a break. If he had been pictured chugging tequila, no one would have thought twice about it.
And it's not like pot could be considered a performance-enhancing drug, even if it had been around the time of a swim meet.
I don't smoke, but stop with the marijuana panic, already. How much money is wasted on the "war on drugs" every year? Didn't we learn anything from Prohibition? That really worked out well, didn't it. It was the beginning of the rise of organized crime in the U.S. and we've done the same thing over the last few decades now with drugs.
Posted by J at 11:32 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- "I know I need a small vacation"
- Nice blazer
- It's a hot choc day
- Almost as cute as Natalie Portman on the Oscars
- I believe the term "ain't gonna happen" comes to m...
- Remember when they just gave you frequent flyer mi...
- This is an outrage!
- He's just not that into you
- Kittens and a roomba - what the Internet was inven...
- Subject, noun, verb
- Okay, 1 more piece of equipment
- This is great
- The smell is from Jersey? Shocking!
- Was it in 3D?
- Pick the freckley one
- Peter Hitler
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)