Wednesday, January 14, 2009
If you are a "Mad Men" fan - as most quality TV viewers should be - there is a fun blog out called Welcome to the Drapers, written as if by Mad Men's Betty Draper in the 1960's. (as played by the luscious January Jones, of course - raawwr.)
I found it when Twitter told me I was being followed by Betty Draper (this is on my work-related Twitter account, where I had written a post about Mad Men.) To be honest, the name actually didn't even ring a bell at first, until I clicked on it and saw what it was, so natch I started following her Tweets. They are also written in character from that era: ("Going into town, having a chicken almond sandwich at B. Altman's."
Then over the next few days, I started getting followed by the other MM characters, Peggy Olson, ("NYC does suit me. Want to move to Manhattan next year when the lease on my Prospect Park apt is up.") Ken Cosgrove ("Ahhh, I wish happy hour could last all month"), Bertram Cooper ("I've been hearing more and more about this "Vincent Price Collection of Fine Art" being offered by Sears & Roebuck. I'm skeptical.")
It's very clever how they do it. And very shrewd; they start you off with Betty, who is one of the more recognizable characters, then gradually add some of the ancillary players, and I'm sure the final add is Don Draper himself.
It's a fun way to keep you interested in the show until the new season begins.
I may have to steal this idea at some point.
Posted by J at 6:27 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- It's good to be king...
- And she probably doesn't even like falafels
- She's not going away
- Like a Rhinestone Cowboy
- Better than a deposed Nigerian Minister of Finance
- Dickens, Hemingway, Rowling...Spears
- See ya
- A new bookmark
- No title
- You might want to stock up on your button downs now
- Already things are improving
- Those ferries
- Some places just have free coffee
- I love that picture
- He's still here?
- Twittering Madly
- Tastes like chicken...or maybe skunk
- Was Alyssa Milano busy?
- Why do they bother?
- They're real and they are spectacular
- People do enjoy hearing about a chubby billionaire
- That spot better have been the size of New Jersey
- Not all my TV viewing is junk
- Damn you, Fancast
- Chip off the old blockhead
- Do girls not watch "Seinfeld"?
- Random celebrity thoughts
- I like bad girls
- Did he do that?
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)