Friday, January 02, 2009
Random celebrity thoughts
I'm not sure why Tom Cruise is considered so out-of-the-zone wacky? Yes, ok Scientology. Yes, ok, the long-persisting rumor he is a closeted gay guy. But the thing that everyone always comes back to is the whole jumping-on-the-couch incident on Oprah.
Yes, it was a little over-the-top, a little too sickly sweet as he proclaimed his love for Katie - but I think he was actually just trying to be funny and cute more than anything.
Was that really the most bizarre thing that any star has done in recent years? Yet it keeps being mentioned.
This thought was spurred when I saw some press glee at the apparent box office bombing on his new movie, "Valkyrie."
Meanwhile the Number 1 movie last week was "Marley and Me." With Owen Wilson - who fucking tried to commit suicide. Yet you never really hear people say, "Oh, he's so weird."
Or how about Mel Cruise and his drunken anti-Semitic rants? Or Robert Downey, Jr., who has fallen off the wagon more times than a one-legged Amish guy?
But, no, apparently Tom Cruise is the weirdest person in Hollywood.
I finally saw "The Dark Knight" last night. (It looked spectacular, by the way, on my 52" 1080p HD set. Thank you.)
I kept waiting to get blown away by Heath Ledger, who, when that movie came out, all I heard was how mesmerizing he was, you couldn't take your eyes off him, Oscar material.
He was fine, but I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I wonder how much of it was Post-Mortem sympathy talking?
I also caught "Dan in Real life." It was passable, although if I see another movie about a sprawling, loving, quirky family, gathering at an amazing country home and playing touch football and cooking and laughing - ugh.
But I just don't see the appeal of Dane Cook. Why is he considered so funny? I don't get it.
Posted by J at 5:04 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- It's good to be king...
- And she probably doesn't even like falafels
- She's not going away
- Like a Rhinestone Cowboy
- Better than a deposed Nigerian Minister of Finance...
- Dickens, Hemingway, Rowling...Spears
- See ya
- A new bookmark
- You might want to stock up on your button downs no...
- Already things are improving
- Those ferries
- Some places just have free coffee
- I love that picture
- He's still here?
- Twittering Madly
- Tastes like chicken...or maybe skunk
- Was Alyssa Milano busy?
- Why do they bother?
- They're real and they are spectacular
- People do enjoy hearing about a chubby billionaire...
- That spot better have been the size of New Jersey
- Not all my TV viewing is junk
- Damn you, Fancast
- Chip off the old blockhead
- Do girls not watch "Seinfeld"?
- Random celebrity thoughts
- I like bad girls
- Did he do that?
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)