I actually don't watch a lot of junk TV. The occasional episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, Big Brother and The Bachelor - ugh, ok, maybe I do. But I love good shows too, like "Mad Men" which is sadly on hiatus. I just watched the pilot again, which is up on Fancast.com. It really is good, with all the little details of that early 1960s era - in the first few minutes of the opening scene, check out the heavy smoking and drinking, the casual racism of the restaurant manager.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- It's good to be king...
- And she probably doesn't even like falafels
- She's not going away
- Like a Rhinestone Cowboy
- Better than a deposed Nigerian Minister of Finance
- Dickens, Hemingway, Rowling...Spears
- See ya
- A new bookmark
- No title
- You might want to stock up on your button downs now
- Already things are improving
- Those ferries
- Some places just have free coffee
- I love that picture
- He's still here?
- Twittering Madly
- Tastes like chicken...or maybe skunk
- Was Alyssa Milano busy?
- Why do they bother?
- They're real and they are spectacular
- People do enjoy hearing about a chubby billionaire
- That spot better have been the size of New Jersey
- Not all my TV viewing is junk
- Damn you, Fancast
- Chip off the old blockhead
- Do girls not watch "Seinfeld"?
- Random celebrity thoughts
- I like bad girls
- Did he do that?
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
That was the pilot. I'm not sure they kept up the quality as it went on.
Post a Comment