When I worked in midtown a few years ago, I used to pass a stretch of 7th called W.C. Handy Place every day, and, in my naivete, it meant nothing to me. Then I got the "Louis Armstrong Plays W.C. Handy" album.
This was one of Handy's bigger hits (although for some reason in this movie they changed it to "Careless Love" when it's actually "Loveless Love") sung here by Nat Cole and Eartha Kitt, who, of course, just slipped off this mortal coil. Today we get Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers. Sigh.
- ► 2010 (31)
- It's good to be king...
- And she probably doesn't even like falafels
- She's not going away
- Like a Rhinestone Cowboy
- Better than a deposed Nigerian Minister of Finance
- Dickens, Hemingway, Rowling...Spears
- See ya
- A new bookmark
- You might want to stock up on your button downs now
- Already things are improving
- Those ferries
- Some places just have free coffee
- I love that picture
- He's still here?
- Twittering Madly
- Tastes like chicken...or maybe skunk
- Was Alyssa Milano busy?
- Why do they bother?
- They're real and they are spectacular
- People do enjoy hearing about a chubby billionaire
- That spot better have been the size of New Jersey
- Not all my TV viewing is junk
- Damn you, Fancast
- Chip off the old blockhead
- Do girls not watch "Seinfeld"?
- Random celebrity thoughts
- I like bad girls
- Did he do that?
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)