Sunday, January 18, 2009
Already things are improving
I'm usually not a fan of those big tribute concerts with a lot of different artists performing, but I have to admit the DC concert today for Barack Obama was pretty good. Even Garth Brooks didn't suck.
I believe HBO is rebroadcasting it a couple of times Sunday night, and for free even if you don't subscribe, so I would recommend. (It really looked and sounded good on my 52' 1080p HD set. Thank you.)
Even the entertainment is already better under our new President.
But, you know, the Republicans could have put on a great show with right-wing stars too. They could have had Toby Keith and Kelsey Grammer and the chick who played the wife on "Everybody Loves Raymond" and, er...let's see...oh yeah, the Charlie Daniels Band. And of course that guy who gets dragged out of Branson, Missouri every 4 years to sing "I'm Proud to be an American" at GOP rallies, and...um, well I'm sure there are plenty of talented people who are right-wingers. I'll get back to you on that.
Posted by J at 6:19 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- It's good to be king...
- And she probably doesn't even like falafels
- She's not going away
- Like a Rhinestone Cowboy
- Better than a deposed Nigerian Minister of Finance
- Dickens, Hemingway, Rowling...Spears
- See ya
- A new bookmark
- You might want to stock up on your button downs now
- Already things are improving
- Those ferries
- Some places just have free coffee
- I love that picture
- He's still here?
- Twittering Madly
- Tastes like chicken...or maybe skunk
- Was Alyssa Milano busy?
- Why do they bother?
- They're real and they are spectacular
- People do enjoy hearing about a chubby billionaire
- That spot better have been the size of New Jersey
- Not all my TV viewing is junk
- Damn you, Fancast
- Chip off the old blockhead
- Do girls not watch "Seinfeld"?
- Random celebrity thoughts
- I like bad girls
- Did he do that?
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)