If you are a connoisseur of late night television commercials, as, sadly, I am, you have no doubt seen the ad for something called the Shamwow, some sort of product that you buy for 20 bucks and it replaces all those paper towels you have to purchase throughout the year. I guess this was an untapped market. Anyhoo, it is pitched by one of those annoying, fast-talking, shouting-just-a-bit-too-loud spokespeople. And every time I see this damn thing, I always wonder why one of their selling points is - and this is pretty close to verbatim - "It's made by the Germans, and you know they make good products."
I always want to shout back: "Oh yeah, those gas ovens they made that killed six million innocent people worked very efficiently."
But, alas, I don't.
Friday, December 19, 2008
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- The littlest crystal meth addict
- Another great Bush legacy
- I love this stuff
- Wow, and I thought I could be obsessive
- Random issues #27D
- Zooey Deschanel can always warm you up
- What a dipshit
- It really IS the Second City
- No Big Sky Country today
- File in the "What are they thinking?" department
- Shocking weather development
- Because she just doesn't have enough money
- Big Sky Country...
- Four things from "House of Saddam" on HBO
- More action than he saw defending Texas during the...
- There's a shocker
- That's a bit cruel
- When he's right, he's right
- Close enough
- Not that there's anything wrong with it...
- The cell phone plot point
- Thanks, Bill Paley *
- Do they still make Dr. Pepper?
- Burn this
- I'm guessing the message is don't swing the kid wh...
- Order 10, get free shipping
- Meg is hot
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2007 (413)