It's pretty funny hearing the blatant lies people tell on their cell phones about where exactly in the city they are.
Tuesday night, I was coming home from a lovely dinner at Les Halles and got off the subway at 86th Street. Between there and my apartment, in the span of no more than a minute, I heard one guy on his phone walking up 3rd saying, "I'm in a cab heading to Penn," just as he was about to go into Uptown. Not 20 seconds later, at about 89th Street, another guy is on his phone saying "I'm on 73rd, almost home."
You know, once GPS starts getting used by suspicious significant others, there may be some 'splaining to do.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- The littlest crystal meth addict
- Another great Bush legacy
- I love this stuff
- Wow, and I thought I could be obsessive
- Random issues #27D
- Zooey Deschanel can always warm you up
- What a dipshit
- It really IS the Second City
- No Big Sky Country today
- File in the "What are they thinking?" department
- Shocking weather development
- Because she just doesn't have enough money
- Big Sky Country...
- Four things from "House of Saddam" on HBO
- More action than he saw defending Texas during the...
- There's a shocker
- That's a bit cruel
- When he's right, he's right
- Close enough
- Not that there's anything wrong with it...
- The cell phone plot point
- Thanks, Bill Paley *
- Do they still make Dr. Pepper?
- Burn this
- I'm guessing the message is don't swing the kid wh...
- Order 10, get free shipping
- Meg is hot
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2007 (413)