Thursday, November 13, 2008
The people ride in a hole in the ground
If you've ever wondered what it looks like under the sidewalks of old New York, New York, this can give you an idea, where they are building the new Second Ave subway. Which, by the way, will not only be more convenient to me than having to schlep over to Lexington, but will add value to my apartment. Real estate values increase the closer it is to a subway line, so thank you taxpayers and mass transit riders.
It's actually a little hard to see from the angle I took that pic, but there is an astounding cacophony of cables and wires under there, for Con Ed, Time Warner, Verizon, gas, water. And now, of course, all the extra wiring that will be going in for the subway line and platforms. They actually had to move the Con Ed pipes from one side of the street to the other.
UPDATE: A commenter points to this very interesting blog, The Launch Box, which has much better pix than I took with my cell phone.
Posted by J at 3:13 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- I guess clip art of baby Jesus wasn't available
- You really shouldn't be online on Thanksgiving
- Semi celeb nerdalicious sightings
- Does it come with home fries?
- Tough-guy conservatives
- "A little more complex"
- Bah, humbug
- White girls....
- I'm actually a fan of insecure-with-Ugg-boots-over...
- Olson twins fans - we salute you
- Pizza, TV, remote control
- Ooops, she did it again
- Almost as good as that wet t-shirt thing
- Sudden and very random realization
- Hakuna Matata and pass the meth
- The people ride in a hole in the ground
- Ka-ching and mooo
- People are annoyng #28c
- Whew...and ka-ching
- Yee haw
- Wow that bubbly gives you some dry mouth the next ...
- Essentials taken care of
- Radio silence
- Breaking news
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2007 (413)