As I nerdily surfed over to the Anchorage Daily News web site to see if they had an updated count on the senate election battle between (typically corrupt Republican) Ted Stevens and his Democratic challenger, there was BIG news on the home page.
Not the election returns - The Lion King road show is coming to town. Yee haw.
Oy. That show sucked when I saw it 5 or 6 years ago. And they are just getting its suckiness next year. And it is front page news!
It's no wonder Sarah Palin-land is the crystal meth/date rape/hillbilly capital of the western world.
By the way, not making fun of the ADN, it's actually a decent newspaper and did some great reporting on VP Annie Oakley during the campaign, while the national media was in its initial swoon over her. It also endorsed Obama for president, knowing Palin as well as they do.
But it is sort of fun to see a story about a crappy Broadway show playing for 6 weeks in town and being front page material.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- I guess clip art of baby Jesus wasn't available
- You really shouldn't be online on Thanksgiving
- Semi celeb nerdalicious sightings
- Does it come with home fries?
- Tough-guy conservatives
- "A little more complex"
- Bah, humbug
- White girls....
- I'm actually a fan of insecure-with-Ugg-boots-over...
- Olson twins fans - we salute you
- Pizza, TV, remote control
- Ooops, she did it again
- Almost as good as that wet t-shirt thing
- Sudden and very random realization
- Hakuna Matata and pass the meth
- The people ride in a hole in the ground
- Ka-ching and mooo
- People are annoyng #28c
- Whew...and ka-ching
- Yee haw
- Wow that bubbly gives you some dry mouth the next day
- Essentials taken care of
- Radio silence
- Breaking news
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2007 (413)