I was returning from some errands today, riding the elevator up to my apartment and not paying that much attention, actually texting someone, when the elevator stopped. I had been the only one in it so naturally I figured it was my floor and got off.
There was a woman waiting there for it, and as I walked past she whispered, "You're on the wrong floor" - but her weird whisper didn't really register until I was halfway down the hallway and realized I was indeed on the wrong floor. I had got off at 17.
Because this genius had obviously pushed both the up and down buttons. I guess people think they will get an elevator faster that way, but all it does it make an up elevator stop at the damn floor.
So now I had to stand there and wait for another up elevator to come.
She was still waiting for her down elevator, so I snarked - "That's strange, wonder why it stopped."
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Worth the $2 price of admission
- "Joe the Plumber" gets his ass handed to him...on ...
- Pinch me
- Slow motion breakdown
- I hate people sometimes
- Holy crap
- If you never saw this....
- Shop, baby, shop
- A GOP message to the women of America
- Tally ho
- Oy (not Photoshopped either)
- McCain drinking game for tonight's debate
- Just hearing that word come out of her mouth is de...
- Running laps around the competition
- The Twitter break-up
- Good for Philly
- Another honest Republican
- This is frightening
- An honest Republican
- Now if Verizon can only do something about drunk t...
- God bless my right-wing friends...
- Here's the problem
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2007 (413)