Good for David Brooks. He's one of the few conservatives I can stomach reading or seeing on TV. He, of course, writes an op-ed column for the Times, and offers the conservative viewpoint on the end-of-the-week political segment on PBS's "The News Hour." If you doubt his GOP credentials, he admired Reagan and worked for Bill Buckley, for christsakes.
But he is also one of the honest GOP voices who doesn't like where Bush has taken his party - and where McCain/Palin threaten to.
In an interview, he called Sarah Palin, "a fatal cancer to the Republican party," and decried the GOP's increasing tendency to sneer at intellectuals so they can play the populist "hate the Eastern elite" card to middle America.
It's good to see there are still some voices of sanity left in the Grand Old Party.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Worth the $2 price of admission
- "Joe the Plumber" gets his ass handed to him...on ...
- Pinch me
- Slow motion breakdown
- I hate people sometimes
- Holy crap
- If you never saw this....
- Shop, baby, shop
- A GOP message to the women of America
- Tally ho
- Oy (not Photoshopped either)
- McCain drinking game for tonight's debate
- Just hearing that word come out of her mouth is de...
- Running laps around the competition
- The Twitter break-up
- Good for Philly
- Another honest Republican
- This is frightening
- An honest Republican
- Now if Verizon can only do something about drunk t...
- God bless my right-wing friends...
- Here's the problem
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2007 (413)