I've come to the realization that I'm at the point in my life where I don't try to save a few bucks if it gets me out of doing shit.
Case in point, I just bought a beeeyoootiful new TV for my living room (52" 1080p hi-def. Thank you.)
For political reasons, I won't tell you why I bought the set - hi Robin! - but with it, I needed a new stand, as the old set (which still worked great and had an amazing picture, I hated getting rid of it; I gave it to one of the maintenance guys in my building. I digress) stood on the floor by itself.
Anyway, I got a really nice stand from the Door Store (I don't know why they call it that, they don't sell doors) and when I asked the guy how much extra to have it come assembled, and it was 60 bucks, I said fine.
At one point in my life, I would have assembled it myself - but, really, who can be bothered now? I've put together enough computer desks and wine racks and bookcases over the years. I'm done with that stuff.
I'm also buying a new home theater system and will probably shell out the extra $65, or whatever it is, to the Geek Squad at Best Buy to have them wire it up.
I just can't be bothered with that nonsense now.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Lowering the bar
- Typical sneaky Republicans
- Not to be a snob, but.....
- Still here
- Oy gevalt
- Zero percent - ZERO!!!!!!
- All of a sudden Bush looks like he's in Mesna
- Ha ha
- That's it?
- Sarah Palin finally speaks out on world issues
- I don't want to do stuff any more
- Life at the Palins - if they had a funny dog
- Just wondering...
- Decisions, decisions
- On Bristol Palin and her Juno-like shenanigans….
- Cindy McCain better hope she is not "mistaken" for...
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2007 (413)