For Friday cocktail lounge, how about some Frank and Ella, two of my favorites. Both were probably a little past their peak here, but they were still amazing. Much better singers than anyone I hear today.
A couple of years ago, I was in the NBC studios in Burbank where this was taped, and hearing the history of who recorded in this place was fascinating. It was home to so many amazing performances over the years, and it's soon to be abandoned by NBC when it moves to a bigger West Coast home.
Kudos You Tube, where these moments will live forever.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Oy gevalt
- Republican family values
- Ba ba baaa babbaaa babaaa - hey!
- Wow - who saw this coming?
- But somehow Obama is the "elite" one
- Two of the best...
- Can't see the forest....
- “With my freeze ray I will stop.. the pain”
- I get the same look when I hear Bush ramble on
- Apparently 2003 was not part of the 21st Century
- Damn you, Ch. 2
- At least we have J-Lo's butt
- Ya gotta love the Jersey shore!
- ▼ August (17)
- ► 2007 (413)
Cocktail lounge is it happy hour already? :)
Regardless of when in their careers this was made, there is never a time a collaboration like this would ever be bad--it so beats so much today.
Pilgrimchick today it would be Justin Timberlake and Christina Agulera.
Post a Comment