Sometimes certain songs get intertwined with something and can't be separated from it. There is a heart-wrenching commercial for the Humane Society calling attention to abandoned and abused pets, many made homeless by Hurricane Katrina, and it uses Sarah Mclachlan's song "Angel." Well, I think it does, because, of course, whenever it comes on I have to lunge for the remote and change the channel - I can't watch that stuff.
But now that song makes me sad (of course, it's pretty haunting to begin with). I was in the Key Food yesterday and it came on the sound system. Oy.
I met Sarah once during my music business days. Very nice and totally in her character to allow her song to be used for animals that are hurting.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Oy gevalt
- Republican family values
- Ba ba baaa babbaaa babaaa - hey!
- Wow - who saw this coming?
- But somehow Obama is the "elite" one
- Two of the best...
- Can't see the forest....
- “With my freeze ray I will stop.. the pain”
- I get the same look when I hear Bush ramble on
- Apparently 2003 was not part of the 21st Century
- Damn you, Ch. 2
- At least we have J-Lo's butt
- Ya gotta love the Jersey shore!
- ▼ August (17)
- ► 2007 (413)