Sometimes certain songs get intertwined with something and can't be separated from it. There is a heart-wrenching commercial for the Humane Society calling attention to abandoned and abused pets, many made homeless by Hurricane Katrina, and it uses Sarah Mclachlan's song "Angel." Well, I think it does, because, of course, whenever it comes on I have to lunge for the remote and change the channel - I can't watch that stuff.
But now that song makes me sad (of course, it's pretty haunting to begin with). I was in the Key Food yesterday and it came on the sound system. Oy.
I met Sarah once during my music business days. Very nice and totally in her character to allow her song to be used for animals that are hurting.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Oy gevalt
- Republican family values
- Ba ba baaa babbaaa babaaa - hey!
- Wow - who saw this coming?
- But somehow Obama is the "elite" one
- Two of the best...
- Can't see the forest....
- “With my freeze ray I will stop.. the pain”
- I get the same look when I hear Bush ramble on
- Apparently 2003 was not part of the 21st Century
- Damn you, Ch. 2
- At least we have J-Lo's butt
- Ya gotta love the Jersey shore!
- ▼ August (17)
- ► 2007 (413)
She's got a beautiful voice. I like when she sings Ice Cream!
haha I've seen that - and that commercial is a tearjerker. That is such a sad song though :(
Post a Comment