...I turn down network TV appearances, not to mention free food, if it's at the crack of dawn, thank you very much.
Every year, I fill out those Zagat dining surveys, providing them with some of my patented pithy remarks, and get a free Zagat's New York Guide, as well as membership on zagat.com, which occasionally emails along special notices about the NY dining scene.
This afternoon I got one saying they were involved with a new restaurant reality show airing on NBC called “The Chopping Block” and were looking for diners to go to a restaurant and eat the food - a la “Hell's Kitchen,” I guess.
They asked for the number of people in my party and a picture, so I made it a plus 1 and sent along a pic of me and my friend Cindy, who is a major foodie.
I got a bounce-back email literally 2 seconds later saying they had already filled all the spots on a first-come basis. Oh well, what can ya do, right? No biggie
Then an hour later I got another email saying I was confirmed and giving me the location and the arrival time – 7:30 am in Cooper Square - for a breakfast seating!
Um, what? Helllooo?
In the fucking morning?
Are they out of their minds?
I responded with an email noting there must have been a mix-up as I had already received an automatic reply from them saying they had filled all their spots, and so I had subsequently made other plans.
I believe it's called Rapid Eye Movement.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- And the little timer just kept spinning
- Twenty five minutes?
- My magical aura has apparently kicked in again
- Sometimes they just write themselves
- Oh yeah, it's a real mystery
- Dr. Wow!
- I approve
- Pookie and Corky
- Mad billionaires
- God bless you, Willis Haviland Carrier
- I'm surprised the old coot doesn't use a telegraph
- I don't want to say I'm not a good morning person,...
- I guess that was different
- A thing of beauty
- Enough, already
- I'm sure he's real glad he picked her
- I got to get me one of those
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2007 (413)