Friday, June 13, 2008
They've been running promos on Showtime for a new series "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" (and I'm sure they're kicking themselves they didn't have this show up and running when the whole Elliot Spitzer story broke) and the girl starring in it is quite lovely to look at. She's blonde, she's got one of those plummy English accents - and there's one clip in particular where she walks away from the camera wearing a pair of booty shorts. Well.
Anyway, when I saw the promos, I thought she looked somewhat familiar, but couldn't quite figure out why.
Thanks to our friends at Fancast, with an ogle-worthy picture gallery, no less, now I know.
It's Billie Piper, the girl who played Rose Tyler on the BBC sci-fi classic, "Dr. Who."
She was always cute enough on the show, but she seemed like a gawky teenager. Not to mention the character, Rose, had a working-class Cockney accent, the London equivalent of Brooklyn, if you will.
And now little Billie is all grown up. Kudos on that.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- And the little timer just kept spinning
- Twenty five minutes?
- My magical aura has apparently kicked in again
- Sometimes they just write themselves
- Oh yeah, it's a real mystery
- Dr. Wow!
- I approve
- Pookie and Corky
- Mad billionaires
- God bless you, Willis Haviland Carrier
- I'm surprised the old coot doesn't use a telegraph
- I don't want to say I'm not a good morning person,...
- I guess that was different
- A thing of beauty
- Enough, already
- I'm sure he's real glad he picked her
- I got to get me one of those
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2007 (413)