Forget Darfur, the earthquake in China or the Bush presidency - the real tragedy is the battle to get out of Manchester Cathedral. I have been trying to get past that level on "Resistance: Fall of Man" on my Playstation 3 for the last week.
And it's ruining me. I have literally been up until the wee hours every night for a week now playing the damn thing. You have to complete each mission until you can proceed to the next one, and every time you get killed you start over again at the beginning of that mission. It's like the worst Groundhog Day ever. And every time I get killed, I say, "Okay, just one more try, then I'll quit for the night." Next thing I know, the sun is coming up.
I had company over Sunday night and she was, er, perturbed that I was sitting there playing PS3 until 4 am. Literally 4 am. My ass was dragging all day Monday. I'm still feeling woozy.
A crack addiction would be healthier. At least I'd pass out and get some sleep.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- What the....
- An hour of your life you will never get back
- Who would have thunk it
- You lie down with dogs...
- The real tragedy
- No wonder she drinks
- Two for one drinks, three for one Ks
- Oy gevalt
- The Bush-McCain War stumbles on
- I don't like it
- What a guy
- It would have had more fantasy scenes than "Harry ...
- Another Republican stalwart
- Hillary on the Supreme Court?
- Capers and crimes and plots, oh my
- Let the games begin
- “Eating barbecued iguana...”
- Who is advising this guy?
- Stop the handwringing
- Same shit, different day
- Nice in theory, not so good in practice
- That's a shame
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2007 (413)