Just a suggestion, if she doesn't want to continue in the Senate, (and assuming Barack wins the 2008 election) why not appoint Hillary Clinton to the Supreme Court?
It's an incredibly influential job she can have for life, she can replace one of the current moderate judges who are getting up there in years, and - most importantly - act as a major counterbalance to the right-wing wackjobs on the Court like Scalia, Thomas or Roberts.
Contrary to popular belief, you don't actually have to have been serving as a judge to be appointed a SC Justice. Usually they are, but it's not a requirement. A president can nominate anyone he wants. And Hillary probably knows more about the laws of the land than anyone out there.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- What the....
- An hour of your life you will never get back
- Who would have thunk it
- You lie down with dogs...
- The real tragedy
- No wonder she drinks
- Two for one drinks, three for one Ks
- Oy gevalt
- The Bush-McCain War stumbles on
- I don't like it
- What a guy
- It would have had more fantasy scenes than "Harry ...
- Another Republican stalwart
- Hillary on the Supreme Court?
- Capers and crimes and plots, oh my
- Let the games begin
- “Eating barbecued iguana...”
- Who is advising this guy?
- Stop the handwringing
- Same shit, different day
- Nice in theory, not so good in practice
- That's a shame
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2007 (413)