The weather turned nice just in time for the holiday weekend after a week of damp, gray and chilly.
It's also Fleet Week so there are thousands of sailors strutting around town, much to the delight of some of my hornier friends.
I saw three in their dress whites in Central Park today, and it reminded me of the scene in "On The Town" where Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly and Jules Munchin vow to see as many NYC sites as they can in a 24-hour leave. (I guess they only had Fleet Day back then.)
It was one of the first big budget Hollywood movies shot on location and includes some Park scenes in the famous opening number.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- What the....
- An hour of your life you will never get back
- Who would have thunk it
- You lie down with dogs...
- The real tragedy
- No wonder she drinks
- Two for one drinks, three for one Ks
- Oy gevalt
- The Bush-McCain War stumbles on
- I don't like it
- What a guy
- It would have had more fantasy scenes than "Harry ...
- Another Republican stalwart
- Hillary on the Supreme Court?
- Capers and crimes and plots, oh my
- Let the games begin
- “Eating barbecued iguana...”
- Who is advising this guy?
- Stop the handwringing
- Same shit, different day
- Nice in theory, not so good in practice
- That's a shame
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2007 (413)