I did Sirius satellite radio Tuesday evening - “Blog Bunker” channel 110.
It was nice.
Of course, you know me, total dick that I am, I can't leave it at that without some kvetching.
The host, Joe Salzone, was pretty cool. A bit conservative – although I'm guessing his Ron Paul groupie stuff is a shtick – but he was funny.
But naturally a few things perturbed me. After the broadcast, I asked if I could get a copy of it, and the producer went into some legalistic conniptions about how Sirius doesn't allow that.
Well, okay, I'm sure it is indeed against company regs, but, seriously, who actually goes along with that shit? You make a CD real easy and give it to a guest...no-one knows, and, let's be honest, no-one cares.
Worst of all, though, as we were going on the air, I (semi) jokingly asked for a splash of Jack Daniels with my Coke and she literally sputtered at me: “We can't!”
Oh well – a few more months in this big bad town and she might get over all the corporate brainwashing, just like everyone else in the media business does. Then she will be as fun as the rest of the producers I consort with.
Although who knows, maybe radio is different? Maybe it's actually filled with super-good people and not the derelicts I'm used to on the TV side.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- What the....
- An hour of your life you will never get back
- Who would have thunk it
- You lie down with dogs...
- The real tragedy
- No wonder she drinks
- Two for one drinks, three for one Ks
- Oy gevalt
- The Bush-McCain War stumbles on
- I don't like it
- What a guy
- It would have had more fantasy scenes than "Harry ...
- Another Republican stalwart
- Hillary on the Supreme Court?
- Capers and crimes and plots, oh my
- Let the games begin
- “Eating barbecued iguana...”
- Who is advising this guy?
- Stop the handwringing
- Same shit, different day
- Nice in theory, not so good in practice
- That's a shame
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2007 (413)