A drizzly Friday in New York, which means I can't go to the Park, but I guess that means fish & chips and Guinness at my fav Irish pub on Second over The Daily News.
This weather always puts me in the mood for NY songs though, so here's two from Simon & Garfunkel, and not even any of their biggies like "The Boxer" (with those whores on 7th Avenue) or "The 59th Street Bridge."
Starting with "The Only Living Boy in New York" and Paul Simon's intro with an interesting story of how he came about to write it.
Then, speaking of the Park, a nice video that someone put up on You Tube. It looks like it's basically their NYC vacation video over a soundtrack of "A Heart in New York" from S&G's classic live concert on the Great Lawn. That concert shows up on HBO occasionally and is definitely worth checking out. Those guys were really good. (And one of these days I suppose I will be motivated enough to put a video like this together too.)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- What the....
- An hour of your life you will never get back
- Who would have thunk it
- You lie down with dogs...
- The real tragedy
- No wonder she drinks
- Two for one drinks, three for one Ks
- Oy gevalt
- The Bush-McCain War stumbles on
- I don't like it
- What a guy
- It would have had more fantasy scenes than "Harry ...
- Another Republican stalwart
- Hillary on the Supreme Court?
- Capers and crimes and plots, oh my
- Let the games begin
- “Eating barbecued iguana...”
- Who is advising this guy?
- Stop the handwringing
- Same shit, different day
- Nice in theory, not so good in practice
- That's a shame
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2007 (413)