I just got back from Staple's as I had to get replacement ink for my printer. What a nightmare.
It's worse than the Motor Vehicles Dept. with one of those long, snaking lines, the cashiers don't want to be there so they are surly - and it's about 70 degrees and humid in the city today but they didn't have the AC up very high, so it was miserably uncomfortable.
I had stopped in at Best Buy right next door first to check their prices, and each box of ink I had to get (color and black) was about $3 more than Staple's prices. But they have them out there on the shelves, you just pick what you need and go to one of their 50 cashiers in the nice air conditioning. At Staple's they have the damn ink behind the cash register and you have to ask for it. It's so freakin' precious.
Let me tell you, it was a battle when I was standing in that line between my natural inclination to get a bargain and my natural impatience. I was tempted to say the hell with it and just go to Best Buy - but, hey, 6 bucks is 6 bucks.
Of course, if I had been sensible, I would have ordered the ink cartridges on-line a few weeks ago when I started getting the low ink notice, and they would have been here when it finally ran out. But, you know, who really plans like that.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Not to be ungrateful, Time Warner, but....
- Fake outrage
- Historic day: First Voyager picture on Too Saucy
- Yes, this is the guy you want on the case
- Hey Verizon - can you hear me now?
- Captcha this
- Is this what the Weimar Republic felt like?
- The Voyager has landed
- What is this old-fashioned vote counting thing?
- And Tootie from "Facts of Life" is testifying befo...
- Restoring honor and dignity to the White House one...
- Comparing (Civil) War stories
- Mother fucker
- The Russian judges give her a 9.8
- And what about sushi?
- I don't like it
- The magic elixir
- Am I in Kansas?
- Did I ever mention how cute Tina Fey is?
- I have a man cold
- The family values party at work
- Hubba hubba
- Who are these people?
- She's still cute
- Spring is officially here
- What is in the water down there?
- Worse than the DMV
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2007 (413)