You know, I don't like to complain, and I'm happy Time Warner Cable of NYC has added more High Def channels to their lineup - but some of the new channels: ehh.
I was certainly happy to see CNN HD among the additions (although the thought of Larry King in HD is a bit frightening) but Hallmark Movie Channel, The Food Network, HGTV?
Why not Sci Fi or BBC America so I can nerdily watch "Dr. Who" and "Torchwood" in HD?
How do they figure which ones to add?
Not to mention, I see HGTV seems to do a lot of that stretch-o-vision thing that TBS HD does to fill the 16:9 screen. Not really HD. Not cool.
Time Warner is promising 100 HD channels by the end of the year. We will see.
Because Verizon is wiring my building for FIOS, even as I type, and I believe they recently got approval to offer it in Manhattan.
I'm not too thrilled with their cell phone division lately, but I have to admit, that FIOS looks mighty tasty.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Not to be ungrateful, Time Warner, but....
- Fake outrage
- Historic day: First Voyager picture on Too Saucy
- Yes, this is the guy you want on the case
- Hey Verizon - can you hear me now?
- Captcha this
- Is this what the Weimar Republic felt like?
- The Voyager has landed
- What is this old-fashioned vote counting thing?
- And Tootie from "Facts of Life" is testifying befo...
- Restoring honor and dignity to the White House one...
- Comparing (Civil) War stories
- Mother fucker
- The Russian judges give her a 9.8
- And what about sushi?
- I don't like it
- The magic elixir
- Am I in Kansas?
- Did I ever mention how cute Tina Fey is?
- I have a man cold
- The family values party at work
- Hubba hubba
- Who are these people?
- She's still cute
- Spring is officially here
- What is in the water down there?
- Worse than the DMV
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2007 (413)