Thursday, April 24, 2008
I've been having to log on a bunch of different web sites recently, register with them, give them an email address and password, comment on them. It's time consuming - and one of the most annoying aspects is dealing with the captcha.
Those are those weird letters and numbers that many sites use where you have to type in manually what is in a box in the registration process to prove you're not a robot program that will deluge them with spam.
I understand why they do it, but, jeez, those things are ridiculously hard to read. The characters are blurry and wavy, they often have lines through them, half the time you can't tell if it's a "1" or an "l" or a "q" or a "g" and you end up having to try it about four times before it finally generates a captcha that you can actually read.
Can't they make them actual words instead of random characters, so at least you have a slight chance of figuring out what they are?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Not to be ungrateful, Time Warner, but....
- Fake outrage
- Historic day: First Voyager picture on Too Saucy
- Yes, this is the guy you want on the case
- Hey Verizon - can you hear me now?
- Captcha this
- Is this what the Weimar Republic felt like?
- The Voyager has landed
- What is this old-fashioned vote counting thing?
- And Tootie from "Facts of Life" is testifying befo...
- Restoring honor and dignity to the White House one...
- Comparing (Civil) War stories
- Mother fucker
- The Russian judges give her a 9.8
- And what about sushi?
- I don't like it
- The magic elixir
- Am I in Kansas?
- Did I ever mention how cute Tina Fey is?
- I have a man cold
- The family values party at work
- Hubba hubba
- Who are these people?
- She's still cute
- Spring is officially here
- What is in the water down there?
- Worse than the DMV
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2007 (413)
That's what those things are called - how did you know that? lol I always wondered about them.
LOl I had to do one about 5 times a few days ago and everytime I got it wrong it seemed to make a harder one.
Post a Comment