John Denver karaoke sparks Thai killing spree
A gunman in Thailand shot-dead eight neighbours, including his brother-in-law, after tiring of their karaoke versions of popular songs, including John Denver’s Country Roads.
Weenus Chumkamnerd, 52, put his gun to the head of a respected female doctor and seven of her guests as they partied at her home in Songkhla Province, South Thailand.
"When I began shooting nobody pleaded for his life because they were all drunk," he said after his arrest.
He said he was so furious with their awful singing that he did not notice he had murdered his own brother-in-law.
"I warned these people about their noisy karaoke parties. I said if they carried on I would go down and shoot them. I had told them if I couldn’t talk sense into them I would come back and finish them off," he added.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Bon Jovi does it for me
Posted by J at 3:28 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Helpful after-dinner drink hint
- One more reason to hate that fat right-winger Drew...
- Is this wrong?
- When did that memo go out?
- Newspaper war
- This infuriates me
- Ha ha
- I've heard of not knowing your ass from your elbow...
- You don't want to know what they did with the frie...
- Tina Fey is cute
- Important update!
- $4,300 an hour?
- Consumer tip #27B
- Puzzle me this, Batman
- Bon Jovi does it for me
- Not that there's anything wrong with that
- Quick, hit record
- Oy gevalt
- I want to learn about this epic time in history
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2007 (413)