Jeezus, I need a drink. I just changed a halogen bulb in one of my living room lamps and I'm ready to pass out.
First of all, they scare the crap out of you with the warnings all over the package about how dangerous the lamps and the bulbs are, and don't look directly into them, don't touch them with your fingers. Huh?
And it's not like standard lights where you simply screw out the old bulb and put in the new one. It's a long slender bulb that looks like it will snap if you look at it cross eyed, and you have to maneuver it gently in so that each end touches the receptacles on each side. I felt like I was performing a heart transplant.
I was definitely not born to do manual labor.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Clueless in Big Brother land
- The incredible, edible Egg
- Thank you, George Bush
- Can someone explain this?
- Hypocrisy in the GOP? What a surprise!
- Ha ha
- Damn, damn, damn
- Start building those Marriotts and Hiltons
- They are real and they are spectacular
- Next thing you know, they will be mandating our fo...
- eMars and eVenus
- Oh, I'm sure this will go real well
- John McCain and his brain trust
- Compassionate conservatism at work
- As I go through my annual "Maybe California wouldn...
- Politics schmolitics
- Dog bites man
- A handyman I am not
- The Giants win the pennant!
- "I mean, Jesus"
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2007 (413)