A friend called me today to ask if I was going to an upcoming party we had both been invited to. (I'm so magnetic, people plan their party-going decisions as to whether I will be there.)
Anyway, about 10 seconds into the call his other line rang and he took it, and was away for about 3 or 4 minutes. Of course, I was fuming.
When he got back I was yelling, "Dude, you called me and then put me on hold for another call?"
It reminded me of nothing so much as when I've been at a store dealing with the cashier and the phone rings and they take the call and start answering questions and leave me standing there like a schmo the whole time.
Why does some lazy slob on the phone, who is probably sitting at home in his underwear, get any priority over a live customer in the store?
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Helpful hints
- He's still here?
- Prioritize, people
- What was she thinking?
- Moral dilemma
- Worst campaign ever?
- Too soon?
- The whitest man in America was down with his homie...
- And you thought the burgers at Jackson Hole were o...
- I blame George Bush
- "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"
- Good news, NY!
- The Peabody Awards were more exciting
- And they all look the same too
- Am I that magnetic?
- That's a shame
- Iraq? What's Iraq?
- On the positive side of global warming...
- Remember when it used to snow - I mean really snow...
- “But how the hell can a person/go to work in the m...
- Yay Jersey!
- Another reason to go to The Venetian
- Delusional as usual
- An amusing little Cab
- Blood lust
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (413)