I love stuff like this. Harry Shearer has been collecting some of the behind-the-scenes minutia of TV news for several years, and puts them up on the Web. Shearer, of "Spinal Tap" fame, half the voices on "The Simpsons," and briefly a cast member on SNL, has been collecting unscrambled satellite feeds or tapes that someone in a network control room occasionally sends him.
It's especially fun seeing perky Katie Couric mildly cursing. And even though Katie's CBS ratings aren't so great, we now know that at least her sister watches her.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Helpful hints
- He's still here?
- Prioritize, people
- What was she thinking?
- Moral dilemma
- Worst campaign ever?
- Too soon?
- The whitest man in America was down with his homie...
- And you thought the burgers at Jackson Hole were o...
- I blame George Bush
- "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"
- Good news, NY!
- The Peabody Awards were more exciting
- And they all look the same too
- Am I that magnetic?
- That's a shame
- Iraq? What's Iraq?
- On the positive side of global warming...
- Remember when it used to snow - I mean really snow...
- “But how the hell can a person/go to work in the m...
- Yay Jersey!
- Another reason to go to The Venetian
- Delusional as usual
- An amusing little Cab
- Blood lust
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (413)