This is actually a pretty depressing song about an empty life (the song writer, John Prine, says when he wrote it, he imagined it about a 48-year-old Alabama woman who was trapped in a loveless marriage) but I like this version because I've met two of the people in the video (Bonnie Raitt, no less, and Bruce Hornsby) on separate occasions.
Now go to work. Don't be depressed. Ignore those flies in the kitchen.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- Helpful hints
- He's still here?
- Prioritize, people
- What was she thinking?
- Moral dilemma
- Worst campaign ever?
- Too soon?
- The whitest man in America was down with his homie...
- And you thought the burgers at Jackson Hole were o...
- I blame George Bush
- "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"
- Good news, NY!
- The Peabody Awards were more exciting
- And they all look the same too
- Am I that magnetic?
- That's a shame
- Iraq? What's Iraq?
- On the positive side of global warming...
- Remember when it used to snow - I mean really snow...
- “But how the hell can a person/go to work in the m...
- Yay Jersey!
- Another reason to go to The Venetian
- Delusional as usual
- An amusing little Cab
- Blood lust
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (413)