Some tips for you.
1. Do not, repeat, do not allow yourself to be finagled into watching a disaster called "Music & Lyrics" as I was Saturday night. It's two hours of your life you will never get back. Incredibly insipid, a ridiculous plot, and not even musically fun even though it's about songwriting. Just awful.
Drew Barrymore is in it, and she is usually quite adorable, but it's just a horrible film. Especially since Hugh Grant is the costar. You know, the guy who cheated on Elizabeth Hurley! With a street hooker! And he's trying even harder than usual to be cute and charming in this clunker. Ugh
2. Kinsale, the Irish pub on Third, does a sandwich called the Wonder Sandwich, roasted turkey, black ham and cheese on a baguette - delish. It's only on the regular lunch menu, though, which begins at 12 noon, but I was able to charm the waitress with my flirtatious magic and she convinced the kitchen to prepare it for me at 10:30. I was having brunch with my husky right-wing friend who had dutifully accompanied his wife to the big city to get her hair done. (I think he held her pocketbook while she was in the salon). He wasn't able to charm the waitress and was stuck with baked beans, chicken fingers and French fries - very healthy, I'm sure.
3. A great new drink I've discovered you should try - brandy and ginger ale. Quite tasty. It helped make the movie somewhat bearable.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Happy New Year - let's hope '08 is a good one
- Thank me later
- 15 billion a month
- Another one
- Merry Christmas
- This is why the Republicans are called "The stupid...
- Classy as always
- Roh roh
- Random thoughts #27
- Two to funny
- At least he's being honest
- A slow motion human train wreck
- Sadistic creep alert
- Is she smarter than a fifth grader?
- Rudy Giggliani
- NYC Councilman Tony Avella for President
- My mouth is already watering
- It might be cheaper than staying at the Venetian
- The chickens are coming home to roost
- I don't believe it!
- Magic 8 Ball says...yes
- Couldn't they have taken the picture AFTER she fel...
- Very cool
- Best campaign ad of the season
- ▼ December (26)