Since questions arose about the singer in the bus incident post – that scene actually wasn't my crosstown bus, you know – it was, of course Lesley Gore, everyone's favorite teenage Jewish lesbian singer of the pop bubblegum era.
Of course, at her peak (in the 1960s) they didn't go out of their way to tell America she was Jewish, and certainly not that she was gay.
Her first big hit came when she was only 16 with “It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To,” (she was still a junior at high school in Englewood when the song hit #1) and this video (“You Don't Own Me”) was when she was 17. And the song's concept was fairly radical for girls in those days, so good for her.
As regular Too Saucy readers know, I love the Jewish girls, and (like all guys) the lesbians. Well, throw in teengirldom and you've got a threefer with Lesley.
Also, it looks like you could land an airplane on that hair. (Of course, don't forget, she is from Jersey.)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- And I'm stuck riding the 6 train
- He just never knew what Donna was going to do
- Time warp
- He was also shocked that the Nazis were the bad gu...
- Say again, CNN?
- Mr. law & order at work
- In case you needed another reason
- Verizon comes through
- What the @&^$*?
- Pet peeve #27
- They're still not eating though
- Animals vs. people – no contest!
- Thank you, George Bush
- I saw that one coming
- There are probably five federal laws being broken ...
- “The falling leaves drift by the window...
- Reason #27 not to shop at Wal-Mart
- Living on a Prayer
- The chimp-in-chief strikes again
- Correction of the day
- The rich get richer
- Whip Crack Away 2
- Lazy and arrogant - what a combo
- Shouldn't they all be honoring that damn strike?
- Teenage Jewish lesbian? Yum
- Holy *&#^@#
- Judge a person by his friends – and his endorsers
- Just another typical MTA bus ride
- Economic doom
- Getting ready for the Marathon
- Happy Friday
- Alert the Humane Society
- ▼ November (35)