Like the political nerd I am, I watched the CNN-You Tube Republican debate Wednesday night.
Putting aside the general loony tune qualities of all the GOP candidates (the whole God, Guns and Gays wackiness) I have to ask about a pet peeve -- what the hell is up with CNN and its audio team?
Once again, portions of the sound were just not there. And it's not the first time I've seen this on CNN - on the last debate they sponsored, the same thing happened.
Now I realize when airing a live, on-location event things are not as controlled as they are in a studio, but these are big-time, national debates. They've been scheduled for months. I know lots of prep goes into them. So why does CNN have bad audio problems so frequently - mics not turned on when a candidate is speaking, or the sound cutting out on a hand mic with an audience member?
Say what you will about Fox, and I hate their politics, but they seem to do a better job producing these things.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- And I'm stuck riding the 6 train
- He just never knew what Donna was going to do
- Time warp
- He was also shocked that the Nazis were the bad gu...
- Say again, CNN?
- Mr. law & order at work
- In case you needed another reason
- Verizon comes through
- What the @&^$*?
- Pet peeve #27
- They're still not eating though
- Animals vs. people – no contest!
- Thank you, George Bush
- I saw that one coming
- There are probably five federal laws being broken ...
- “The falling leaves drift by the window...
- Reason #27 not to shop at Wal-Mart
- Living on a Prayer
- The chimp-in-chief strikes again
- Correction of the day
- The rich get richer
- Whip Crack Away 2
- Lazy and arrogant - what a combo
- Shouldn't they all be honoring that damn strike?
- Teenage Jewish lesbian? Yum
- Holy *&#^@#
- Judge a person by his friends – and his endorsers
- Just another typical MTA bus ride
- Economic doom
- Getting ready for the Marathon
- Happy Friday
- Alert the Humane Society
- ▼ November (35)