I met my friend Sarah at the west side Rosa Mexicana by Lincoln Center on Tuesday. Not that we were going to the ballet or anything so cultural, but she works over in that neighborhood and I, of course, walk miles and miles and miles every day, especially through the Park, so it was a good happy hour meeting place, which turned into dinner.
Well, several pomegranate margs, some filete con hongos and Chilean sea bass later (starting off with the table-made guacamole of course), we stumbled back to the east side, and, for some cheap reason, decided to take the 66th Street crosstown bus, which was conveniently stopped a block or so away when we left the restaurant.
The bus was cut off by a car at CPW, jammed on its brakes, some of the people who were standing went flying (I smell lawsuits) and that meant the driver called an ambulance and the cops. What a fucking production. But more annoyingly, we had to stay on the bus for about 30 minutes until the paperwork was done.
Sarah was ready to pop the emergency exit to get off and I had to talk her out of that. A tipsy girl arguing with cops never works out so well. Let's just say it was not a happy crew when the bus emerged on the east side about an hour after we set out.
Luckily some girl started a sing along as we went through the Park, and, as you can see, it all got happier. (You can even see Sarah's blonde head bopping along over the girl's right shoulder. Ok, she clearly has no rhythm, but, in her defense, she was still pretty drunk at that point.)
It's nights like this that makes those monthly MetroCards worth it.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- And I'm stuck riding the 6 train
- He just never knew what Donna was going to do
- Time warp
- He was also shocked that the Nazis were the bad gu...
- Say again, CNN?
- Mr. law & order at work
- In case you needed another reason
- Verizon comes through
- What the @&^$*?
- Pet peeve #27
- They're still not eating though
- Animals vs. people – no contest!
- Thank you, George Bush
- I saw that one coming
- There are probably five federal laws being broken ...
- “The falling leaves drift by the window...
- Reason #27 not to shop at Wal-Mart
- Living on a Prayer
- The chimp-in-chief strikes again
- Correction of the day
- The rich get richer
- Whip Crack Away 2
- Lazy and arrogant - what a combo
- Shouldn't they all be honoring that damn strike?
- Teenage Jewish lesbian? Yum
- Holy *&#^@#
- Judge a person by his friends – and his endorsers
- Just another typical MTA bus ride
- Economic doom
- Getting ready for the Marathon
- Happy Friday
- Alert the Humane Society
- ▼ November (35)