Sunday, November 18, 2007
“The falling leaves drift by the window...
...the Autumn leaves of red and gold.”
Of course, Chez jbk is high above the streets of the fabulous Upper East Side, so I don't actually see falling leaves drifting outside my windows.
But the leaves are finally starting to turn colors in Central Park. I should have brought my real camera instead of the Q, but here's a few pictures from a little post-brunch stroll yesterday afternoon.
And here's Nat Cole doing a great Johnny Mercer classic, “The Autumn Leaves,” which includes one of my favorite lyrics: “I see your lips, the summer kisses/the sunburned hands I used to hold.”
Let me tell you something, missy, ever since I worked for one of the big record labels and pillaged deep into the catalog, I realized they knew how to writes lyrics in those days - not like you kids today with your hip hop and your rap and your rock and roll.
Posted by J at 3:02 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- And I'm stuck riding the 6 train
- He just never knew what Donna was going to do
- Time warp
- He was also shocked that the Nazis were the bad gu...
- Say again, CNN?
- Mr. law & order at work
- In case you needed another reason
- Verizon comes through
- What the @&^$*?
- Pet peeve #27
- They're still not eating though
- Animals vs. people – no contest!
- Thank you, George Bush
- I saw that one coming
- There are probably five federal laws being broken ...
- “The falling leaves drift by the window...
- Reason #27 not to shop at Wal-Mart
- Living on a Prayer
- The chimp-in-chief strikes again
- Correction of the day
- The rich get richer
- Whip Crack Away 2
- Lazy and arrogant - what a combo
- Shouldn't they all be honoring that damn strike?
- Teenage Jewish lesbian? Yum
- Holy *&#^@#
- Judge a person by his friends – and his endorsers
- Just another typical MTA bus ride
- Economic doom
- Getting ready for the Marathon
- Happy Friday
- Alert the Humane Society
- ▼ November (35)