Monday, October 01, 2007
Wonder where they got the idea?
In an interesting story about some recent troubles plaguing the Rudy Giuliani campaign as he runs for the GOP nomination, The New York Times noted among them: "two rogue volunteers exploiting the memory of 9/11 to raise money."
Two rogue volunteers?
Exploiting 9/11 is Giuliani's whole rationale for running. It's all he talks about.
This guy claimed he spent as much time at Ground Zero than any of the firemen and cops.
He implies that because he was mayor on that day, he somehow is now an expert on terror.
And when he got criticized last week for stopping in the middle of a speech to answer a cell phone call from his wife (that's wife #3 for those keeping score at home) he later said, “Quite honestly, since Sept. 11, most of the time when we get on a plane, we talk to each other and just reaffirm the fact that we love each other.”
See, 9/11 made him rude.
Those campaign volunteers eventually lost their jobs because they were charging $9.11 for tickets to an event.
Rudy has made something like $70 million in consulting and speech fees since 9/11.
But somehow they're the crass ones?
Posted by J at 11:42 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I hope they have divorce lawyers in Second Life
- “Whip crack away”
- And Bush is planning a book on good management skills
- "Autumn in New York....
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Don't forget the animals
- I'll just bet he did
- One of these things is not like the other
- Finally, the important alien issue is being raised
- Cold as ice cream
- I just threw up in my mouth
- And the kids probably get to eat Cheetos
- Ain't nothin' shaking
- Random thoughts #237
- Thank you Republican party and George Bush
- The GOP's new base?
- Oh no!
- I think it balanced out
- A quarter of a million dollars?
- "What Cats Know About War"
- Holy crap
- Congrats, President Gore
- Please just make her go away
- Sort of like a Labradoodle
- Porn for girls
- Maybe they can dig up Reagan and do a "Weekend at ...
- It will probably get more hits than Too Saucy
- Thank you, Baby Jesus
- I'd like to see Joaquin Phoenix do this
- EMERGENCY!!!! CRISIS!!! DANGER!!!
- Gambling in Casablanca?
- 45.7 percent to be exact
- Wonder where they got the idea?
- ▼ October (38)