Monday, August 20, 2007
"Bush is now the embarrassing uncle the Republicans just can't hide"
"With the departure of Karl Rove, the stench of failure hangs over the president - and his party wants to ignore the smell"
- The Guardian
It's amazing how far Bush has fallen, how unpopular he is, except among a few deranged right-wingers, who, inexplicably, still approve of his job performance.
And it's almost hard to remember now that just after 9-11, the entire country, left and right, rallied behind him, giving him an astoundingly high approval rating of 90 percent.
And then he blew it.
He let bin Laden escape in the mountains of Afghanistan so he and Cheney could carry out the neocon dreams of invading Iraq. He divided the country, questioning the patriotism of anyone who dared point out that his Iraq policy was a bloody debacle.
Domestically, he has been a disaster, presiding over an administration filled with corrupt, incompetent cronies, shown in especially stark terms with the response to Katrina,
And now even Republicans want nothing to do with him. There is even a report that Bush might not be invited to the GOP convention. "If they're smart, no," Republican pollster Tony Fabrizio told Newsweek. "Especially if things don't change in Iraq, we'll have the problem the Democrats had in 1968 with Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam. The question becomes: where do we hide the president?"
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Posted by J at 3:27 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- If I win, applications will be accepted for the re...
- Send it to Jersey
- I'd settle for technology that makes that cologne ...
- Red state-blue state cog diss
- Just a coinky dink I'm sure
- Republican hypocrisy? What? How? It can't be!
- HO-LY SHIT
- And another one gone and another one gone
- Blue moon
- I might be pregnant
- They really ARE evil
- For those wondering...
- The honor system
- Ka-ching 2
- One of these things is not like the other
- I guess Clay Aiken wasn't available
- Very classy
- Fashion faux pas
- As if you needed another reason
- Another one bites the dust
- Nice to see they have their priorities straight
- Sad tales (tails)
- I call on Americans to do the same
- That's a shame
- The end of an era
- Faster than a speeding bullet...
- Judi and Jeri
- I like the way they think
- Quite an interpretation
- Maybe he just likes to shop at Bloomies
- ▼ August (34)