Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Red state-blue state cog diss
As I've embarrassedly admitted, I try to catch “Big Brother 8” on prime time CBS, and, frequently, on Showtime Too at the ungodly hours of midnight to 3 am during one of my insomniamanically (I made that word up, by the way) can't sleep periods.
Tonight, on the Tuesday network version, a weird cognitive dissonance thing happened.
There was little Catholic girl, Jessica, the quite adorable and quite busty blonde from Kansas – the heart of Red State America – walking in on Jameeka, the black chick from Washington DC, who was on her knees praying and crying to Baby Jesus.
And, of course, there's always Jameeka's friend, Amber, the cocktail waitress from Las Vegas (!!!) who cries and prays and kisses her cross necklace at the drop of a fucking hat.
Anyway, Jessica, who looked a little perturbed at Jameeka's shenanigans, noted, “Well, I do church, but it's not a big deal, and I don't do it here.”
It's quite hard to process a world in which a Kansas blonde is more sensible about religion than girls from DC and Vegas.
Then again, Jessica ended up making out with that little googly-eyed freak Eric, so who the hell knows anymore. The world has basically spun off its axis.
Although Daniele still looks amazing in denim shorts. Yum.
(Oh, and for all the Too Saucy non-viewers of BB 8, the pic is of Daniele and Jessica. Daniele is 20 and Jessica is 22. Perfect ages. Neither should change.)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- If I win, applications will be accepted for the re...
- Send it to Jersey
- I'd settle for technology that makes that cologne ...
- Red state-blue state cog diss
- Just a coinky dink I'm sure
- Republican hypocrisy? What? How? It can't be!
- HO-LY SHIT
- And another one gone and another one gone
- Blue moon
- I might be pregnant
- They really ARE evil
- For those wondering...
- The honor system
- Ka-ching 2
- One of these things is not like the other
- I guess Clay Aiken wasn't available
- Very classy
- Fashion faux pas
- As if you needed another reason
- Another one bites the dust
- Nice to see they have their priorities straight
- Sad tales (tails)
- I call on Americans to do the same
- That's a shame
- The end of an era
- Faster than a speeding bullet...
- Judi and Jeri
- I like the way they think
- Quite an interpretation
- Maybe he just likes to shop at Bloomies
- ▼ August (34)