Sorry, I'm a day late, but I forgot to note yesterday that Monday was six years to the day when George W. Bush received the infamous “Bin Laden determined to strike in US” Presidential Daily Bulletin.
That was August 6, 2001, just a little more than a month before bin Laden...well, we know what happened.
Bush was on his make-believe ranch in Crawford, Texas, at the time, and reportedly told the CIA briefer, "Ok, you've covered your ass now."
And of course he and his national security team did nothing.
The empty look on his face that day was probably not unlike the look during that long seven minutes a month later, on Sept. 11, when he was at a school in Florida and his chief of staff whispered in his ear, "Mr. President, the United States is under attack."
And he sat there.
For seven minutes.
Until they realized he was frozen in fear and ineptitude and got him out and on a plane and hid him in an underground bunker in Nebraska.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- If I win, applications will be accepted for the re...
- Send it to Jersey
- I'd settle for technology that makes that cologne ...
- Red state-blue state cog diss
- Just a coinky dink I'm sure
- Republican hypocrisy? What? How? It can't be!
- HO-LY SHIT
- And another one gone and another one gone
- Blue moon
- I might be pregnant
- They really ARE evil
- For those wondering...
- The honor system
- Ka-ching 2
- One of these things is not like the other
- I guess Clay Aiken wasn't available
- Very classy
- Fashion faux pas
- As if you needed another reason
- Another one bites the dust
- Nice to see they have their priorities straight
- Sad tales (tails)
- I call on Americans to do the same
- That's a shame
- The end of an era
- Faster than a speeding bullet...
- Judi and Jeri
- I like the way they think
- Quite an interpretation
- Maybe he just likes to shop at Bloomies
- ▼ August (34)